Hi friends! Happy Tuesday! I hope you’re having a lovely morning. We’re doing the distance learning thing this morning, and I’m finishing up filming this afternoon. Can’t wait to pop some champagne when I’m done this this whole thing! I feel like we haven’t caught up a bit lately, so for today’s post, it’s more of a thought dump than anything. 😉
– Today is our 13th anniversary! We’re officially at that point in marriage where we have to calculate how long we’ve been married. It’s been a wild ride to say the least, but so thankful to have this guy by my side. This week, we’re going on our first date in almost 6 months! Before the ‘Rona, we went on dates every week and it’s something I’ve really missed. I’m looking forward to having him all to myself, an amazing patio dinner out, and uninterrupted conversation. 🙂
– We’re having a bit of a hard time with Bella lately. I noticed that her eyes had gotten a bit cloudy over the past 6 months, but chalked it up to old age since she’ll be 14 in December and she was acting completely normal. About a week and a half ago, we noticed that one of her eyes was swollen and inflamed and that she wasn’t tracking correctly. She’ll look at me straight on with her right eye, but her left eye just looks to one side. It was a red flag, so I took her into the vet for an emergency appt last weekend. The vet said that she definitely has the canine version of cataracts – the lens hardens as they get older, which is expected in smaller breeds as they age – but the swelling an inflammation could be linked to something behind the eye. The recommended taking her to a dog ophthalmologist to figure out an action plan, and I got an appointment for her yesterday morning.
The ophthalmologist agrees that it’s either an infection or tumor behind her eye and they want to do a CT scan to figure out the plan. They took blood work yesterday to see if it’s safe to anesthetize her for the CT scan and we’ll go from there. I’m trying to not worry until we know for sure what’s going on, but I’ve been pretty sad for our first-born baby.
We’ll do whatever we need to do and I keep reminding myself that it’s just an eye. She’ll be ok. I just love her so much.
– Distance learning has been a peach, let me tell you. It’s been pretty challenging to get Liv logged into classes while trying to keep P busy and also get anything done around here. I just keep crossing my fingers that it will be easier. P’s preschool went back to school this week and I can’t help but wonder if we made the right choice keeping her home. She constantly asks when she can go back to school and see her teachers and friends again.
– Lox on toast is pretty much the best thing ever.
(I’ve been using the Cook’s gluten-free sourdough with Kite Hill cream cheese, lox, capers, and red onion. SO satisfying.)
– I started watching Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist and am already obsessed. When a crowd of people started impromptu singing and dancing in the street, I was like, “I’M IN.”